Beautiful Custom Leather Bindings Made for You in the Ancient Spirit
As a collector of old books, I fell in love with the beautiful leather bindings of years gone by, and have created custom leather books on this site to remind you of them. Over the years I've evolved a distinctive old world style using interesting materials like distressed "pull-up" leather and salvaged remnants of ancient books. The result is our six styles shown here and throughout our BIBLES, BLANK BOOKS and CUSTOM BOOKS.
Your book can be personalized with your unique choice of additional details including adding leather bookmarks, fragments of 140-year-old Bibles, "jewels" or leather bookmarks, or having a name or monogramed gold stamped.
If you would like a custom book, we collaborate on a unique design, start with your sheaf of papers or book, and end up with a leather book that looks and feels like an old-world heirloom that is uniquely yours. Some of our custom books can be seen on our "Unusual Work" page.
SEE THE PROCESS OF HAVING YOUR BOOK OR PAPERS CUSTOM BOUND AS A LEATHER BOOK
OUR SIGNATURE PULL-UP LEATHER is unique. It is distressed rustic leather that changes color when you squeeze or "pull up" on it. The shade of brown varies from dye lot to dye lot.
OUR SIX STYLES are:
1. Cross Stitched book made from pull-up leather with handmade paper under the strong linen thread stitching
2. Ancient Wrap Style binding made from pull-up leather.
3. Basic Style - in Black or Brown supple cowhide. Sometimes simple is best.
4. Medieval Style - in Black or Brown supple cowhide with five raised bands that wrap from the spine around the covers.
5. Medieval Style with Knotted closures - loops and knots that hold the book closed to protect the special contents.
6. Medieval Style with Knotted Closures and branded and gold-embossed designs on the spine - our most elaborate style.
IN ADDITION TO OUR 6 STYLES YOU'LL FIND OUR VERSATILE SCREWPOST BINDERS AND PARCHMENT AND LEATHER SCROLLS WHICH CAN BE USED FOR AN INFINITE NUMBER OF PURPOSES.
To order, use our secure online shopping cart system or call 413-422-1059 with credit card number, and item name and price; add $5.50 plus $2 per book for shipping. Be sure to include your shipping address. Or send a check or money order to:
OLD LEATHER BOOKS
90 Mountain Rd. Erving,, MA 01344
We gladly accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express or paypal.