Beautiful Custom Leather Bindings Made for You in the Ancient Spirit
As a collector of old books, I fell in love with the beautiful leather bindings of years gone by, and have created custom leather books on this site to remind you of them. Over the years I've evolved a distinctive old world style using interesting materials like distressed "pull-up" leather and salvaged remnants of ancient books. The resulting seven styles are shown here and throughout our BIBLES, BLANK BOOKS and CUSTOM BOOKS.
Your book can be personalized with your choice of additional details including leather bookmarks, fragments of 1880s Bibles, "jewels" or gold stamped name or monogram. Some of our custom books can be seen on our "Unusual Work" page.
OUR SEVEN STYLES are:
1. Cross Stitched book made from pull-up leather with handmade paper showing under the stitching
2. Ancient Wrap Style binding made from pull-up leather.
3. Basic Style - in Black or Brown supple cowhide.
4. Medieval Style - in Black or Brown supple cowhide with five raised bands that wrap around the spine.
5. Medieval Style with Knotted closures - loops and knots are added that hold the book closed to protect the contents.
6. Medieval Style with Knotted Closures and branded and gold-embossed designs on the spine.
7. Any Large Book with an 1880s Carved Bible Cover, raised bands and 1880s marbled endpapers.
BESIDES OUR 6 STYLES YOU'LL FIND OUR VERSATILE Screwpost Binders AND Parchment and Leather Scrolls.
SEE THE PROCESS OF HAVING YOUR BOOK OR PAPERS CUSTOM BOUND AS A LEATHER BOOK
OUR SIGNATURE PULL-UP LEATHER is unique. It changes color when you squeeze or "pull up" on it.
To order, use our secure online shopping cart system or call 413-422-1059 with credit card number, and item name and price; add $5.50 plus $2 per book for shipping. Be sure to include your shipping address. Or send a check or money order to:
OLD LEATHER BOOKS
90 Mountain Rd. Erving,, MA 01344
We gladly accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express or paypal.